For many people, December is a time to look back. A time to reflect on the past year’s successes and failures. Some take a moment to mourn another year gone. Others celebrate another year given. Thanks to the United States Congress and the President, much of our December was spent on tax planning! So, we’ll count January as the next best time to reflect. Here are just a few of 2017’s highlights:
- In January, Longview welcomed Lauren Cooper to the Financial Planning team. She became Longview’s eighth full-time employee.
- In April, Team Longview participated and ran in HudsonAlpha’s Double Helix Dash 5k. To save embarrassment, we have refrained from posting finishing times.
- April may have brought showers. It also brought Kids To Love’s Denim and Diamonds event for which we were proud to serve as the flagship sponsor.
- Perhaps August brought the biggest surprise. Longview was named as the 2017 Small Business/Professional Services of the Year winner by the Huntsville Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
- In September, Jessica, Andrew, and JJ attended the Community Foundation of Greater Huntsville’s 2017 Summit on Philanthropy. Additionally, Jeff Jones was named as president of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors’ South Region Board.
- In October, Jessica Smith was named to the Community Foundation of Greater Huntsville’s Women’s Endowment Advisory Council.
- In November, Andrew Gipner and his wife welcomed their first child, Emma James Gipner. Longview’s family continues growing! We also enjoyed attending the HudsonAlpha Ties the Ribbons event!
- In December, we came together to celebrate a wonderful year with our holiday gathering.
- In addition to the charitable organizations mentioned above, we also partnered with the United Way of Etowah County and the Boys & Girls Club of North Alabama in 2017.
- We celebrated with you as well. Some of you hit milestone birthdays – 30, 40, 50, 60, even 70. We celebrated as you grew your families, some becoming first-time parents. We watched as you sent your babies off to college, and for some, your babies welcomed their own babies. We celebrated your new homes. We also mourned the loss of some dear clients and friends.
Our job, our pleasure, is serving you. We count you as friends. Your holiday cards, photos of you, your family, your children and grandchildren, along with countless thank you cards adorn our break room wall. They bring smiles to our faces.
So, thank you. Thank you for making 2017 a fantastic year. We can’t wait to see what 2018 holds.