Jessica is Longview’s President and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM Professional. Her primary role is to set the vision and support the team; however, she also still enjoys practicing her first love of financial planning. She chose financial planning as a career because she likes to strategize with others to solve problems. She has continued this effort not only in financial planning, but also in her work helping individuals and nonprofits develop strategic giving plans to create more impact.
Since entering the profession, she has been continually engaged with the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). This has included serving as a past south region board member, sitting on several committees, including a committee to choose the organization’s CEO, and chairing the 2019 national conference.
Due to her successful transition through the management and ownership pipeline at Longview, she is regularly asked to share her insights and guidance for others who want to develop a similar employee-ownership offering at their firm, and for G2 advisors looking to follow a similar path. She has spoken on the topic at industry conferences, on several industry podcasts and she has been quoted in numerous publications.
In 2018, Jessica was recognized by InvestmentNews as a “40 Under 40” honoree for her leadership and contribution to the financial planning industry. In 2019, she received the Jack Davis Professional Achievement award from her alma mater, the University of Alabama. The award is presented to outstanding alumni from the school of Human Environmental Sciences for their professional accomplishments.
Outside of the office, Jessica loves spending time with her family and friends, reading, volunteering and enjoying the outdoors. Her favorite pastime is watching her children play soccer.
- Bachelor of Science – Human Environmental Science with emphasis in Financial Planning – University of Alabama
- Credentials & Professional Affiliations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) Professional
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®)
- NAPFA Registered Financial Advisor (NRFA)
- Investments and Wealth Institute® (IWI) Member
- Community Involvement
- Community Foundation of Greater Huntsville, Board Member
- Ambassador Council, Chair
- Philanthropic Advisors Network
- Women’s Philanthropic Society
- HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology Professional Advisory Committee
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Huntsville (former Board of Directors member)
- Rocket City Scholarship Granting Organization (former Board of Directors member)