Support Advisor Job Posting
Longview Financial Advisors, Inc., a fee-only financial planning and wealth management firm with offices in Huntsville and Gadsden, Alabama, is looking for a Support Advisor to join our team at our Huntsville location. This individual is ethically driven, team-oriented, and believes in our core purpose to help others live with fulfillment and give with purpose. This position is best suited for an individual who appreciates lifelong learning, has strong follow-through, and is detail-oriented.
The Support Advisor is an entry-level role into the professional career path within our firm. The primary focus of the role is expansion and mastery of technical expertise in financial planning areas while providing client services working alongside Associate and Lead Advisors.
Huntsville is a dynamic city that regularly ranks in the best of cities lists, and boasts a great cost of living and quality of life. In 2018, US World and News ranked Huntsville as the #7 best place to live. Forbes lists Huntsville as one of the Top 20 Leading Metros for Business, and Kiplinger’s Personal Financial has named Huntsville as one of the Top 10 Cities for Raising Families. Find out more about all that Huntsville has to offer here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sit and pass the CFP® exam within two to three years of hire date.
- Get familiar with Longview clients by sitting in on client meetings, taking notes, and assisting with follow-up on client action items.
- Build relationships with existing clients.
- Assist Advisors and Administration team with client onboarding.
- Support in maintaining client management and providing timely response to client needs
- Gathering client data:
- Work with Associate Advisors, Lead Advisors, and Administrative staff to ensure all relevant data is collected from the client, properly scanned within Longview’s electronic filing system, and returned to the client in a timely manner.
- Build familiarity with the different types of data clients may provide, such as account statements, pension documents, insurance documents, estate plans, employee benefit statements, budgets, cash flow statements, net worth statements, etc.
- Utilize appropriate writing skills in order to communicate with clients via email, mail, and phone, as necessary.
- Develop appropriate verbal skills and interpersonal skills so as to build strong relationships with clients and communicate with them, regardless of age.
- Analyzing and Evaluating Client Financial Status:
- Master Longview’s financial planning software. Support Advisors are responsible for data entry into the planning software, and they should understand not just how to handle data entry, but also how to review it for accuracy.
- Perform basic financial analysis.
- Gathering client data:
- Support Advisors are not responsible for developing recommendations for clients; however, they are encouraged to take initiative for which they feel they can provide value. They also should recognize when they should ask for assistance from other team members
- Documentation and Presentation:
- Take notes in client meetings and record action items.
- Prepare reports and slides for meetings.
- Take initiative on helping clients and Advisors with implementation when appropriate.
- Monitor client actions within the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and work with others on the client’s team to ensure action items are addressed in a timely manner.
- In addition to the seven areas of financial planning mentioned above, Support Planners are expected to complete the following:
- Participate in company strategic planning offsite meetings, including being willing to assist with different projects, report on those projects and occasionally lead strategic planning offsite meetings.
- Assist the company in planning events and seminars as needed.
- Provide research assistance to the Associate and Lead Planners.
- No business development responsibilities are required.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university in related field
- Major in Financial Planning from a CFP® Board registered program preferred
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong listening skills along with written and verbal communication
- A desire to advance along the professional career path
- Must be open minded and able to take constructive criticism
- A self-starter interested in working toward a bigger team goal or success
- Continually maintain client-centered attitude
Salary and Benefits:
- Competive salary
- Bonus up to addtional month’s pay based on meeting company and personal goals
- Health, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing plan after one year of service
- Possible opportunity to become a shareholder after at least two years of experience and completion of required tests/credentials
- Annual conference/education allowance
- Financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements as approved
Inquiries, cover letters, and resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.